Monday, January 26, 2015

The Story of Awkward Art Project

With the King of Ash and Bone release day less than a week away, I've been fortunate to have a number of projects keeping me too busy to be anxious. I'll pop back in on Monday for the big release day blitz with Tressa's Wishful Endings, but for now I thought I'd share some progress on the most enjoyable project I've been working on.


The Story of Awkward Art Project is thoroughly underway, and it's been a strange sort of delight to watch main character Perri's sketchbook come to life. If you missed the prior post, this is from the YA fantasy The Story of Awkward by R.K. Ryals, wherein poor Perri falls into her own childhood fairytale for an adventure with a onetime nemesis. Once the art is compiled and sketchbook complete, it will be added to the story in both ebook and print.



You can follow our progress on Instagram and YouTube (where I've recently discovered and fallen for time lapse video) or at author R.K. Ryals's site: AuthorRKRyals.com

We've tried to make it more fun with Flipagrams:

And videos:



And we'd love to hear what you think.

You can download The Story of Awkward now at your favorite ebook retailers free (woohoo!), though the sketchbook will not be added until later this year (but will be available as an update).


Happy reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment